Prayer Updates: June 2017
Join us in praying for all that's happening with Tirzah's Regional Leaders and partners this month:
Prayers for the Tirzah Leaders Retreat in June
So many good things going on and so much to pray for!
- Please pray for all of the Kenya conference preparations:
- for Judy and Esther as they pull together all of the in-country logistics - may the Lord give them extra energy, time, joy!
- for Ermias as he is preparing in Ethiopia to receive two teams -for the agenda for the time to reflect the Lord's purposes and vision
- Please pray for each leader, board member and staff member who is attending - may the Lord's hand cover each one as we prepare for this time. May He protect in all things large and small - from visas to flights to health -- all of it!
- May we all arrive safe and sound and may He give us a wonderfully fruitful week - full of joy, unity, creativity, blessing!
- May each woman be refreshed, filled, encouraged and ready for a new season of ministry.
- Please pray for board member, Anita Delhaas's team to Ethiopia - June 12 to 17. Anita's team is made up of five women from the Netherlands and two who are currently living in Lebanon. May the Lord do a mighty work during their time with the Ethiopian women!
- Praise the Lord for His gracious provision for this conference - He has answered all of our prayers - for visas, translation, funds - and surely even for things we haven't yet thought to pray for! He is so good and so faithful - beyond what we can conceive.
Thank you all the mighty prayer warriors of Team Tirzah! We are so thankful for you.
President, Tirzah International
Here are prayers for our global family:
- Please pray for preparations for our global leaders' gathering in Kenya (and pray for Judy/Esther in Kenya and Ermias in Ethiopia as they make arrangements there for the team to arrive) - the tickets are arranged and now we are working on local arrangements - scheduling, transport, rooms, etc. Please pray that the Lord's hand and wisdom would guide us and that He would shape our agenda according to His knowledge of what lies ahead.
- We are trying to get a French-speaking translator for Madeleine and a Portuguese-speaking translator for Abilene and it turns out they are quite a bit more expensive than we had imagined. Esther is looking into creative options - please pray with us that the Lord will open a door on this one!
- Please pray for those teams that are preparing to visit global programs - Anita Delhaas (Tirzah board member) will lead a team to Ethiopia in June and Kitty Daniels (Advocate Team Leader) is leading a trip to be with AWEMA staff in Cyprus in September.
- Pray for the Lord to provide the needed funding and resources for Tirzah's global ministry - the cattle on a thousand hills belong to Him!
- Pray for our sisters and brothers in Egypt - for peace and security in this land.
- Pray for our Girls' Night In campaign and other efforts to help current donors/advocates engage their networks for Tirzah.
Thank you for praying! Hugs to all!
Warm greeting in the precious name of our Lord Jesus. We send to you, a message of joy, from AWEMA family in the Arab World. We like to share good news with, our sisters and brothers, our partners in all over the World. I send you this email to share our joy in God’s work. This joy that shines through the darkness, is our source of encouragement, during the tough circumstances the church in our land is going through. We thank God for your prayers, support, and your expectancy to receive more good news. Thank you for your care and support. God bless you.
Please pray for:
- Our ATI Kenya students: God is working and transforming not only their minds, but also their hearts and culture into a Christ-like culture. Please keep praying with us that what God has started in their lives, He will keep on fulfilling.
- ATI African Horn students: We pray that the Lord open new opportunities of ministry for ATI graduates and call workers to go to various villages in the African Horn and share the good news.
- Pastors’ Training: We pray for a certain person to recover from a surgery he had in his leg after an accident. That God will keep the teaching applied and effective in the lives of the members. That God will give the church boldness to be effective in their community and extend its territories.
- Church Planting: In one of the served villages there is distrust and opposition. We pray that God gives us grace and wisdom in the eyes of the villagers and lead us through the ministry. We pray for many sick people that God brings healing.
- Women and Young Women: We thank God that young women are growing in knowing him through this last 5 months. We pray that God would provide for the needs of each of the young women and give them hope and future, according to His will. We pray for God’s grace and wisdom for each of the group leaders so that they know how to deal with the various challenges and difficulties they face in their group.
- Refugee programs: We pray that God protects these precious women, living among such aggressive & terrifying attacks. We pray that God keep them trusting strongly in Him, and be a light and salt for whoever they meet. We pray for a young woman who has just become engaged to a good man. We pray that God would bless their new family and restore all negative impact of her past.
Bhavani who is in 2nd year of Nursing She is one of our child support children. Bhavani is a 19-year-old girl who lost a father in crucial years of 12th class. Later the mother was contemplating discontinuing studies/marriage. Nireekshana encouraged her and helped her to join in Nursing and supported her education. She is doing very well; she started loving Jesus and wants to serve him. Now she stays in hostel and she is studying well she is a role model to all the neighbors. She loves to come to Nireekshana whenever she has free time. She comes along with her mother. She is thanking every donor for supporting Nireekshana. Thank you for praying for us consistently.... we are so grateful.
We are grateful for your consistent prayers. It moves mountains! The June month praise & prayer points are:
- New projects which are being written.
- Financial provision for Nireekshana.
- Project funding which is awaiting release.
- Permissions for the building.
- That God will strengthen students that failed their examinations.
- That God will help find suitable partners for our young people
Lavanya & Sujai
ASIAN PENINSULA AND ISLANDS
Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines
We praise for:
- TI MYanmar Prayer and Fellowship meeting on 20 May 17, celebrating our 21st anniversary.
- Medical mission on 22 May 17 at Saikpyoye, treatment given to 30 patients and on 26 May 17 at Dalah, treatment given to 100+. Both mission were done by partnership with Torch ministry from Philippines, led by Dr. Cara, with three doctors and 6 nurses, and one pastor.
Please pray for:
- Dorothy 's trip to Kenya and Ethiopia on 15-29 Jun 17.
- The TI Regional leaders meeting at Nairobi, Kenya on 16-24 Jun 17.
- Fenny and group to visit Dalah, Yangon on 19-22 Oct 17.
- Myanmar, for its heavy rain and floods covered many places.
Thank you for praying for me! Really appreciated.
- Pray for protection and good health
- Wisdom and discernment as re-elect President for Haggai Chapter in Kota Kinabalu (2017-2018)
- Pray for Sabah State Elections this year.
- Pray for all churches to be awake and preach the Gospel.
- Pray for religious and racial harmony among the people in Sabah.
- Pray that we can achieve one seminar for young professionals in November.
That’s all for now!
This Town Hall news article that explains the current turmoil taking place in Burundi.This BBC country profile has some background information on Burundi, and a bit of an explanation as to why the current elections are so critical.
I can't tell you how I felt when I received your encouragement! Thank you! I know God is at work all the time especially for us who call upon his Name. My heart is rejoicing in the Lord because HE has adopted me in his family and you are my sisters in the Lord Jesus. For now I am in Ottawa waiting for my first grand child to come in two weeks, please pray with me that all go well with Alice, my daughter and her baby girl. Praising God for his goodness and Love! I miss you all and remember off you in my prayers. Many blessings to you. Please give my love to all my sisters.
Your sister in Christ
- We are praying for security and peace in the country; please pray that the Lord help us. The food is 200% times increased in prices, it is hard for many to feed the families!
- For our graduated to work in a safe places. Thank God for those who are in the Countryside but those who are in Bujumbura need to work in a secure area.
- We are going to receive more ladies for sewing program. Please pray for wisdom for the staff, we received more than 100 applying. As you understand many are hungry and know that at Homecare we provide food, we really need to have wisdom and know who are widows or orphans. And we [can only take a] maximum of 60 ladies, because we still have the current class.
- Pray that all of them would receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior
- Pray for the staff that their needs be met.
- Pray that leaders would be guided by wisdom as to what is best for the nation as a whole in these days leading up to the May and June elections in 2017.
- Please continue to pray for a miracle of peace in this nation that has seen far too much war and pain.
Pray for God's guidance as we consider candidates for the next Regional Leader for Latin America
(UPDATED: MARCH 2017) Our gratitude to the Father for every woman who embraces the cause of the Kingdom together with Rede Tirzah Brasil. They are valiant women who love and work hard to do good. To God be the gory. I wish very much to be with the sisters in June 2017 at the regional meeting, so I ask that you pray that I will be able to raise funds for travel expenses. The price of the dollar is very high compared to the Real (Brazilian currency) and I have to take some measures for the trip. I remain firm in the purpose of participating with you. I'm waiting on God. Pray for the coordinators of Tirzah Brasil. They need health because they are untiring in the work of the Lord and in the effort to help women in need. Pray for the work on the Aurá-PA project. This year, there was a very large demand for women to attend the Art workshops. The materials were not enough to provide for everyone. We pray for donation of materials such as ink and cloth. The used clothes are very useful as well.
National Coordinator Tirzah BRAZIL, Regional Coordinator Tirzah INTERNATIONAL
Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Southern Sudan
Greetings in Jesus Mighty Name. I trust this email finds you all well in the Lord.
Here below are our thanks giving and prayer request.
- We thank God for rains in various parts of the Nation.
- We thank God for 4 students who have been accepted in our Public University
- Thank God for 2 students in Bethel Dress-making class who will sit for examination in August.
- Pray for successful Tirzah Int. Board meeting beginning 19th – 24th June.
- Pray for safe journey for all participants as they travel and also safety of their luggage.
- Pray for speakers invited to speak this month in our Radio, TV program and the weekly fellowship that God will mightily empower them to speak and teach the word of God.
- Pray for Rev. Judy’s speaking engagements that God will give her the word for the season.
- Pray for the children’s academic performance this term.
- Pray for funds to run the ministry.
- Continue to pray for our Nation for peace during the campaigns period and on Election Day on 8th August.
- Pray for all guests at our Retreat Centre
- Pray for good health for all staff and especially for one who is expectant.
God richly bless you for the good work of praying!
Rev. Judy Mbugua
Homecare Spiritual Fellowship (Kenya)
C.E.O/FOUNDER Homecare Spiritual Fellowship
FRANCOPHONE WEST AFRICA
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Chad, Gabon, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone
I say thank you for your prayers mounted in favor of our sister, the Leader FAM / TIRZAH of Gabon, but God decided otherwise. The Lord called her home on 12 April in Canada; we pray for her seven daughters, her spouse, and for the members of her family grieving. May the Lord console and strengthen them. I also invite you to pray for the only son of the National Leader / Fam / Tirzah of Guinea Conakry, he is suffering from cancer that is in the last phase. We cry at the feet of Jesus Christ, for His intervention, Him the God of the impossible. We pray for the national leader Fam / Tirzah of Chad, she and her daughter are sick and are currently in the hospital. Let us pray that the Lord will visit them especially. God bless you.
God bless you,
From Cheryl: Julienne's funeral was held in Gabon from May 4-6 and Madeleine is requesting assistance with the costs of attending the funeral and then presenting a gift to the family, as is culturally expected. Please ask the Lord to provide for this need - We know that the Lord is able to provide all that is needed. Thank you for lifting up Julienne's family in this time of loss. Thankful for you all! Cheryl
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia, Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia
(UPDATED: MARCH 2017) What an encouragement to hear from you! Tomorrow I celebrate my 66th birthday and with so many cheering me along the way I have no thought of stepping down yet as there is so much to do. Having a group of younger leaders working with me gives me strength and hope for the future. I acknowledge that I need to slow down and I am doing much less international travel but the world seems to be coming to me. On Thursday morning I shall be speaking to a group of 300 YWAM leaders from around the world, just had a visit from some of the leaders this afternoon and am so encouraged to know that they want to hear from the older generation. Please pray for me as I speak. Need to have a word in season for these young leaders doing great work for God. In March I speak to the Evangelical Alliance of South Africa on the issue of Gender Equality, not a very popular issue for church leaders still today but there are some who are willing to explore and discover new revelation in scripture.
Thank you for your prayers: now some special requests:
- Thursday morning as I speak to the YWAM leaders
- For better mobility and less pain in my legs
- For a meeting I have with 100 pastors in the city speaking on reconciliation on Wednesday, March 8.
- I currently run an early learning center with 12 staff and 50 children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years. Pray for favor as I raise the funds to renovate the toilets for the children. I have approached a business to assist.
- Thank God for the many opportunities I have to serve in South Africa and around the world.
- Please pray for my upcoming trip to Kenya at the end of March 27-31 to attend the MANI conference. Pray for health and finances as I feel very strongly that women need to be part of it. I am planning a gender workshop for ministers and wives for 18th March. Pray for reconciliation and healing as we discuss gender issues.
With much gratitude and blessing
SOUTH PACIFIC + Islands
Vanuatu, Fiji, Bangladesh, Tonga, Australia
Thank you for your continued prayers. I have been asked to speak at women's conference in August so please pray that as part of that I might have the chance to share about Tirzah. Please also pray for a trip I am taking with my husband and mum and sisters to Tonga. Please pray that the Lord would provide a connection with someone who would become a Tirzah connection there.
Blessings to all,
Daughters of the King conference will be held in Primosten, Croatia from April 20-23. There are around 500 registered participants from former Yugoslavia, today seven counties on Balkan.
- that there would be no obstacles which could stop them from coming to the conference.
- for a spiritual renewal, and physical rest for them.
- for the speakers, that God can use them according to His will, and all the subjects would be for the blessings of the listener.
- for my health. I have a gall-bladder stone, and I need surgery, soon. In my country we have to wait in line for it, what means it can be few month or half of the year until it is my turn. Pray that God opens the door soon for me, to have the surgery.
love you all,
Please pray for us as we work on the schedule and logistics for the global leaders gathering in Nairobi in June. Prayers for all of Tirzah’s partner churches and prayers that we would be able to expand the network and invite more churches to be a part of Tirzah. Prayers for the health and wellness of all the global leaders. Prayers for wisdom and creativity as I continue to work on developing new Tirzah small group study materials. Prayers for all the Tirzah advocates who are hosting or considering hosting Share the Love parties this spring and summer. May they find it to be a joyful and fruitful time of connection around supporting Tirzah and women and girls around the world.