Prayer Updates: August 2017
Join us in praying for all that's happening with Tirzah's Regional Leaders and partners this month:
praises for the Tirzah Leaders Retreat in June + prayers going forward
So many good things going on and so much to pray for!
Let's praise God for a wonderful, wonderful time together in Kenya. Your prayers were felt - leaders were encouraged, Tirzah's Strategic Plan for 2017-2020 was shared and discussed thoroughly, and we all enjoyed gaining a deeper understanding for the work of God in our regions. Hallelujah!
Thank the Lord as well for the ways He has moved in the lives of the women in the programs in both Kenya and Ethiopia - the women who have been through these programs have changed so much and have grown in their confidence, their business skills and their appreciation for the God who makes it all possible.
Please ask the Lord to move in the hearts of the leaders as they have returned home - may they be renewed and refreshed for a new season of ministry. And bless those who are returning home from the gathering to share with their networks about the work - may God touch those who are able to give and support.
Please ask the Lord to continue to touch donors and advocates in these summer months. There are "Share the Love" events going on - may these build new Tirzah partners!
President, Tirzah International
Greetings in the precious name of our Lord Jesus! I would like to share with you some prayer requests, regarding AWEMA ministry. We need prayers;
- That God will protect His church and the believers in the Arab World, from many pressures and attacks against them, in the last few years.
- That God would give boldness and grace to Christian workers, so that they won’t cease fulfilling the ministry under any circumstances.
- That God will bless AWEMA Round Table Conference, that is going to be held in September 18-22. We pray that God will delight us with His presence and the fellowship among the 80 church leaders, who will come from 30 countries all over the World.
Please keep us in your prayers. I am looking forward to seeing you in Cyprus.
Thank you for your continuous care and support.
God bless you.
M. B. + AWEMA Family
Please pray for:
- Our ATI Kenya students: God is working and transforming not only their minds, but also their hearts and culture into a Christ-like culture. Please keep praying with us that what God has started in their lives, He will keep on fulfilling.
- ATI African Horn students: We pray that the Lord open new opportunities of ministry for ATI graduates and call workers to go to various villages in the African Horn and share the good news.
- Pastors’ Training: We pray for a certain person to recover from a surgery he had in his leg after an accident. That God will keep the teaching applied and effective in the lives of the members. That God will give the church boldness to be effective in their community and extend its territories.
- Church Planting: In one of the served villages there is distrust and opposition. We pray that God gives us grace and wisdom in the eyes of the villagers and lead us through the ministry. We pray for many sick people that God brings healing.
- Women and Young Women: We thank God that young women are growing in knowing him through this last 5 months. We pray that God would provide for the needs of each of the young women and give them hope and future, according to His will. We pray for God’s grace and wisdom for each of the group leaders so that they know how to deal with the various challenges and difficulties they face in their group.
- Refugee programs: We pray that God protects these precious women, living among such aggressive & terrifying attacks. We pray that God keep them trusting strongly in Him, and be a light and salt for whoever they meet. We pray for a young woman who has just become engaged to a good man. We pray that God would bless their new family and restore all negative impact of her past.
Dear Friends and Partners,
The past two months has been quite a busy time for us but still lives are being touched by the hundreds through the work of Nireekshana ACET!
One day as I was walked down the stairs of the clinic, I met a woman who was leaving the clinic after her follow up visit. Radha is a healthy young woman who has taken responsibility of her health and ensures that she does not miss a single follow up visit. She told me that she believed that it was because of her dedication to take her medication and our faithfulness to provide her with care that she is alive and living life to its fullest.
We at Nireekshana ACET believe that each life is precious and we hope to continue to care for and touch each life that we encounter.
We are happy to inform you that our FCRA certificate has been renewed and all foreign donations can be made toward the work.
On a different note, our daughter Naomi was wedded to David on the 28th of June in a beautiful ceremony in Hyderabad, India. Their love for each other was evident in their starry eyes and broad smiles! We wish them a lifetime of happiness! We would like to thank you for your kind wishes for this joyous occasion.
Thank you for your continued support and encouragement toward the work of Nireekshana ACET.
Drs. Sujai and Lavanya Suneetha
ASIAN PENINSULA AND ISLANDS
Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines
We praise for:
- TI MYanmar Prayer and Fellowship meeting on 20 May 17, celebrating our 21st anniversary.
- Medical mission on 22 May 17 at Saikpyoye, treatment given to 30 patients and on 26 May 17 at Dalah, treatment given to 100+. Both mission were done by partnership with Torch ministry from Philippines, led by Dr. Cara, with three doctors and 6 nurses, and one pastor.
Please pray for:
- Dorothy 's trip to Kenya and Ethiopia on 15-29 Jun 17.
- The TI Regional leaders meeting at Nairobi, Kenya on 16-24 Jun 17.
- Fenny and group to visit Dalah, Yangon on 19-22 Oct 17.
- Myanmar, for its heavy rain and floods covered many places.
- Teach on prayer in 3 cell groups
- Coming General Elections nationwide
- Pray against rife corruption, false votes especially the ruling party refuses to be defeated.
This Town Hall news article that explains the current turmoil taking place in Burundi.This BBC country profile has some background information on Burundi, and a bit of an explanation as to why the current elections are so critical.
I can't tell you how I felt when I received your encouragement! Thank you! I know God is at work all the time especially for us who call upon his Name. My heart is rejoicing in the Lord because HE has adopted me in his family and you are my sisters in the Lord Jesus. For now I am in Ottawa waiting for my first grand child to come in two weeks, please pray with me that all go well with Alice, my daughter and her baby girl. Praising God for his goodness and Love! I miss you all and remember off you in my prayers. Many blessings to you. Please give my love to all my sisters.
Your sister in Christ
- We are praying for security and peace in the country; please pray that the Lord help us. The food is 200% times increased in prices, it is hard for many to feed the families!
- For our graduated to work in a safe places. Thank God for those who are in the Countryside but those who are in Bujumbura need to work in a secure area.
- We are going to receive more ladies for sewing program. Please pray for wisdom for the staff, we received more than 100 applying. As you understand many are hungry and know that at Homecare we provide food, we really need to have wisdom and know who are widows or orphans. And we [can only take a] maximum of 60 ladies, because we still have the current class.
- Pray that all of them would receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior
- Pray for the staff that their needs be met.
- Pray that leaders would be guided by wisdom as to what is best for the nation as a whole in these days leading up to the May and June elections in 2017.
- Please continue to pray for a miracle of peace in this nation that has seen far too much war and pain.
Pray for God's guidance as we consider candidates for the next Regional Leader for Latin America
(UPDATED: MARCH 2017) Our gratitude to the Father for every woman who embraces the cause of the Kingdom together with Rede Tirzah Brasil. They are valiant women who love and work hard to do good. To God be the gory. I wish very much to be with the sisters in June 2017 at the regional meeting, so I ask that you pray that I will be able to raise funds for travel expenses. The price of the dollar is very high compared to the Real (Brazilian currency) and I have to take some measures for the trip. I remain firm in the purpose of participating with you. I'm waiting on God. Pray for the coordinators of Tirzah Brasil. They need health because they are untiring in the work of the Lord and in the effort to help women in need. Pray for the work on the Aurá-PA project. This year, there was a very large demand for women to attend the Art workshops. The materials were not enough to provide for everyone. We pray for donation of materials such as ink and cloth. The used clothes are very useful as well.
National Coordinator Tirzah BRAZIL, Regional Coordinator Tirzah INTERNATIONAL
Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Southern Sudan
Greetings in Jesus' name!
Here please find our prayers and thanksgiving for the month of August.
- We thank God for successful Tirzah Int. Board meeting held in June.
- We thank God for safe delivery of a baby girl to one of our staff members.
- We thank God for successful National Retreat held from 20- 23rd July at our Retreat Centre. We had over 61 people in attendance daily.
- We thank God for successful children’s camp from 24th – 28th July. Over 200 children attended.
- Pray for peaceful election on 8th August and that we continue in peace even after.
- Pray for Rev. Judy’s speaking engagements that God will give her the word for the season.
- Pray for speakers invited to speak this month in our Radio, TV program and the weekly fellowship that God will mightily empower them to speak and teach the word of God. Pray that many will hear and accept Jesus as the Lord as Saviour.
- Pray for funds to run the ministry.
- Pray for all guests at our Retreat Centre
- Pray for the students during the holiday season in August. May the Lord keep them safe.
God richly bless you!
Rev. Judy Mbugua
Homecare Spiritual Fellowship (Kenya)
C.E.O/FOUNDER Homecare Spiritual Fellowship
FRANCOPHONE WEST AFRICA
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Chad, Gabon, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone
I bless the Lord who allowed me to be among you for Global Conference in Kenya.
May the Lord in his grace remember you, let him bless your ministry and strengthen you in your exercise. May it also bless you and your family.
- Currently in several localities where FAM / TIRZAH is located, it is the period of the National Conferences and seminars. The women of Mali have just finished for them last week with more than a thousand women.
- Côte d'Ivoire begins for her from the 1st to the 7th of August. We are already leaving on 31 July in Yamoussokro, the political capital of the country. We ask you to pray for us, we expect 1200 women.You will soon have the themes and other information about this important Consultation.
Once again, thank you very much!
God bless you,
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia, Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia
(UPDATED: MARCH 2017) What an encouragement to hear from you! Tomorrow I celebrate my 66th birthday and with so many cheering me along the way I have no thought of stepping down yet as there is so much to do. Having a group of younger leaders working with me gives me strength and hope for the future. I acknowledge that I need to slow down and I am doing much less international travel but the world seems to be coming to me. On Thursday morning I shall be speaking to a group of 300 YWAM leaders from around the world, just had a visit from some of the leaders this afternoon and am so encouraged to know that they want to hear from the older generation. Please pray for me as I speak. Need to have a word in season for these young leaders doing great work for God. In March I speak to the Evangelical Alliance of South Africa on the issue of Gender Equality, not a very popular issue for church leaders still today but there are some who are willing to explore and discover new revelation in scripture.
Thank you for your prayers: now some special requests:
- Thursday morning as I speak to the YWAM leaders
- For better mobility and less pain in my legs
- For a meeting I have with 100 pastors in the city speaking on reconciliation on Wednesday, March 8.
- I currently run an early learning center with 12 staff and 50 children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years. Pray for favor as I raise the funds to renovate the toilets for the children. I have approached a business to assist.
- Thank God for the many opportunities I have to serve in South Africa and around the world.
- Please pray for my upcoming trip to Kenya at the end of March 27-31 to attend the MANI conference. Pray for health and finances as I feel very strongly that women need to be part of it. I am planning a gender workshop for ministers and wives for 18th March. Pray for reconciliation and healing as we discuss gender issues.
With much gratitude and blessing
SOUTH PACIFIC + Islands
Vanuatu, Fiji, Bangladesh, Tonga, Australia
Thank you for your continued prayers. I have been asked to speak at women's conference in August so please pray that as part of that I might have the chance to share about Tirzah. Please also pray for a trip I am taking with my husband and mum and sisters to Tonga. Please pray that the Lord would provide a connection with someone who would become a Tirzah connection there.
Blessings to all,
Daughters of the King conference will be held in Primosten, Croatia from April 20-23. There are around 500 registered participants from former Yugoslavia, today seven counties on Balkan.
- that there would be no obstacles which could stop them from coming to the conference.
- for a spiritual renewal, and physical rest for them.
- for the speakers, that God can use them according to His will, and all the subjects would be for the blessings of the listener.
- for my health. I have a gall-bladder stone, and I need surgery, soon. In my country we have to wait in line for it, what means it can be few month or half of the year until it is my turn. Pray that God opens the door soon for me, to have the surgery.
love you all,
I would like to send a praise report and express gratitude for the Share the Love events held by the chapters in Tampa and Apple Valley. We are so grateful for the faithfulness and creativity of these wonderful advocates! They are very much appreciated!
- Pray for all of our advocates around the world and for our North American church partners. They are a great blessing for us and we pray that they would continue to be inspired and committed to serving the women in the Tirzah network. We (Tirzah staff) also pray that we can find ways to bless them and encourage them as we are all on this Tirzah journey together.
- Please pray for me as I continue to work on developing the small group materials. I need the Lord’s guidance and direction as I develop these materials.
- Prayers for the Advisory Board as we will have our call in August. Prayers that it would be fruitful and generate new ideas to benefit the Tirzah network.
- Prayers as I begin planning the 2018 team trip to Ethiopia and Kenya. May that team start to come together and may everyone who is called to go on that trip hear the Lord’s whisper and respond with joy!
With joy and gratitude,