Prayer Updates: March 2018
Join us in praying for all that's happening with Tirzah's Regional Leaders and partners this month:
Thank you as ever for inviting our prayers and for upholding the Tirzah family in
prayer as you gather.
Here are prayers for our network:
- For the team that Casandra is gathering to travel to Kenya and Ethiopia this June - may the Lord draw together the very ones He knows need to be on this team!
- For Ksenija as she begins ministering to young (15-16 years old) married Roma girls within her church - may the Lord guide this ministry and reveal what the needs of these precious girls are.
- For the new group of 15 women who have joined the Fadhili Program in Kenya - they enter the program with self-esteems that are very low, as they have been told constantly that they are of no value - pray that the new message of who they are in Christ would sink in and transform them!
- For provision for Madeleine and her family as they get their farm in working order again. Please also pray for Madeleine and her team as they continue to organize the major Leadership Consultation for Mali in July. This is a big undertaking! And please pray as well that the Lord would pour out abundant funding for this conference.
- For the organization of the AWEMA fall conference to be held in Tunisia - for funding to be provided, for women to step up and attend, for the Lord to direct as to theme.
- For all of the villagers living in Dalah, where Dorothy and her team have been providing medical clinics. The government is building a bridge through their town, so they will all most likely be re-located. May the Lord help them in this and may they remember the Biblical lessons taught them by Dorothy and her team to encourage their hearts.
- For blessings on Abilene as they plan their June leadership conference - may many women be able to attend and be blessed!
- For various members of Tirzah's global family needing a healing touch, going through career transitions, facing family issues . . . the Lord knows who they are as you lift them up in His Name!
- For the Lord to provide for the work of Tirzah abundantly - the cattle on a thousand hills belong to Him!
- For a fruitful time for Tirzah's staff team as we meet in person in Los Angeles in April.
Thank you so very much for lifting up these prayers - and for gathering prayers for our global family. We are so thankful for you all!
President, Tirzah International
FRANCOPHONE WEST AFRICA
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Chad, Gabon, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone
Updated February 2018
Greetings Dear Praying Friends,
Blessings to you in this second week of the new year!
We've received the prayer request below from Madeleine. Let's be lifting Gilbert up for healing. Please also pray for the family as they are no longer receiving financial help from Gilbert's former employer. They have plans to get their farm up and running again. Let's pray that this will be a successful venture that will provide for their family's needs.
Warmly, in Christ,
Hello dear sister, Cheryl Lovejoy, and all the Team Tirzah!
I thank the Lord for his grace and mercy. My husband had a very serious heart attack caused by the lack of his drugs. He was admitted to the hospital for a few days. But thanks to the prayers of each and all, God intervened and He has given his life. We are now at home. We give all the glory to our Lord. And I take this opportunity to thank all those who remember us in prayer. Pray for the financial problem that it takes his medication regularly. But pray especially for his full recovery. Our Lord Jesus Christ is able to heal completely. Best wishes to all for this new year. God of Grace covers you for all his blessings in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior.
Francophone Africa Leader
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia, Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia
Updated February 2018
Happy New Year to all and thank you for faithfully praying for us.
Please praise God with me for much better mobility the knee replacement surgery was successful and I am on the road to recovery.
Please pray for the many opportunities to serve the kingdom in South Africa and Africa. Hosting a colloquium at Stellenbosch university 23rd and 24th January on the relevance of the church in South Africa with the view to establishing a theological commission for The Evangelical Alliance in South Africa.
Pray for my participation in the Empowered 21 movement in South Africa 30 Jan - 1Feb.
Much love and blessings,
SOUTH PACIFIC + Islands
Vanuatu, Fiji, Bangladesh, Tonga, Australia
Updated February 2018
Thanks for your prayers
- We have just run a wonderful retreat for women leading Christian ministries in Cambodia
- Also had another team from our church build a home with RAW that will give a hand up to this beautiful Mum in the photo and her family.
- This weekend we have our church camp
- February 8-10th I am speaking at a women’s conference
- March 2-3rd I am speaking at a women's conference
- March 30th I am coordinating and running Good Friday service at Northridge Vineyard
- April 6-8th I have a women’s retreat at the Abbey. I am also completing my research for my masters on transitioning senior leadership in the church context.
Updated February 2018
In Serbia Christians and churches joined the International Marriage Week, 7-14, with different activities. In Belgrade the national television already did few programs with Christians, and the whole country can see and hear about the Biblical view of marriage. Some newspapers also did interviews with Christian leaders. Many churches in different cities are organizing dinners for couples. Here in Serbia we are going to have a "romantic dinner" in the church on Feb 9th. Please pray, that during this week God would really work in Serbia, that marriages would be healed, that it would be much less divorce than last year. Pray that Christians would use this opportunity everywhere in Serbia to step out boldly.
Updated February 2018
Would appreciate prayer for all of Tirzah’s upcoming team trips -- Cairo, Kenya/Ethiopia and Brazil. Prayers as team members make decisions, raise funds and prepare for the trips. Prayer for all of the partner churches and advocates as this new year begins. We pray for each of them to continue to make connections with each other, the leaders and the women in the Tirzah programs. Let’s pray that they continue to know their value and their power. May the Lord continue to move in their lives, in their families, in their jobs and in their churches. We are so grateful for them and trust that the Lord has great things in store for all of us as we work together this year.
Warm greetings in the precious name of our Lord Jesus.
Following are our current top prayer requests:
- The church in Algeria: there is a new wave of persecution much fiercer than ever before. Eight churches have already been shut down by the government. It seems highly likely that more churches will be shut down in the near future, unless the Lord intervenes. Please pray for protection for God’s people there, and that nothing hinders His work and the expanding of His Kingdom.
- AWEMA International Women Conference (scheduled to be held September 17 – 21): that God may lead us to what’s on His heart and that we may enjoy His presence.
- Women ministry and church planting ministry in North Sudan: that God may protect the workers from danger, pressures and persecutions, and that He may give them grace to continue to do His work.
- Relief ministry in Egypt, Syria and Lebanon: pray especially for the Syrian refugees who wish to return to their home country. Pray that God may give us grace to prepare them psychologically and spiritually and to help them financially or with material assistance so that they may start anew in their home country.
Thank you for your care and support. God bless you.
(AWEMA prayer calendar will update on the 15th of every month so might repeat)
Updated February 2018
Greetings to you all from Nireekshana ACET! Hope this mail finds you experiencing good health and receiving the renewed blessings of the new-year!
The month of December was quite a busy time for us as we had multiple end-of-the-
year celebrations conducted for HIV infected and affected families.
We had a team of working professionals, who are also volunteers at Happy Tree, Hong Kong visit us this month. We were touched by the stories of the children-at-risk at their orphanage in Cambodia and simultaneously empowered through their stories of transformation. As we celebrate joyous Christmas in December, I end this mail by reminding us all to love others like God loves us!
Here’s wishing you all a year filled with peace and prosperity!
Drs. Lavanya and Sujai Suneetha
Executive Directors, Nireekshana ACET
Women’s Empowerment Program note: Last month was slower than usual since many of the women have not been experiencing the best of health. We pray for a swift recovery.
ASIAN PENINSULA AND ISLANDS
Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines
We praise for:
- We could meet women from Dalah group two times to share thee love of God and to train them handicraft on 15 and 20 Feb where over 50 attended interestingly. Ms Ma Htaik taught them how to make a purse from plastic beads.
- Medical Mission was held at Dalah on 22 Feb 18 where about 60 patients were given treatment. Dr. Hla Hla Nyein and three nurses led us.
- Monthly prayer fellowship was held on 17 Feb 18 and about twenty participated.
- As TI Myanmar is a member of Myanmar Evangelical Christian Alliance (a member of World Evangelical Alliance), we are very happy because our government gave a love gift to MECA 5000,000 kyats (= 3800 USD) for to use religion purpose. The same time they gave the same amount to Hindu group to show their care to all religions. The Lord is working among our leaders to show much favor to Christians. We are having other opportunities we never had in the past. About two months ago the MECA received a paper of permission from the government to do Christian religion works in the whole country.
- Visiting to Pha Lone village which is planning to be a replacement for Dalah for medical mission if Dalah people are removed to other places when the Yangon - Dalah bridge project is started in Apr 18.
Please pray for:
- Medical mission to Pha Lone village on March 8 and to Saikpyoye village on March 15.
- Monthly prayer & fellowship meeting on March 17.
- 3. COG Lashio silver Jubilee on March 25 and COG youth training in Lashio on March 26-30. Lashio is in the northeast near China border about 14 hours drive fromYangon.
- Myanmar-Korean friendship Yangon-Dalah bridge project to finish successfully in 2020.
- Our Myanmar government leaders for wisdom, health and safety.
General Elections and peaceful election:
- Pray that the elections will be fair. pray against fraud, witchcraft and money politics. Pray for a calm and peaceful atmosphere at time of election
- Pray against violence or riots depending on the outcome of the results.
- Pray for the voters to be wise in voting the right leaders and not swayed by money or any gifts to elect the politicians
That’s all for now.
Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Southern Sudan
(updated December 2017)
Merry Christmas belatedly and happy new year!
Let me first of all personalize this email and let you know how you have been a blessing to me. Over the months and years, you have intervened for me and for Homecare ministry. I want to tell you how much I appreciated hearing at the meeting in Colorado Springs when the team shared how you always meet to pray for us was very memorable. Also, 2016/17 has been very difficult for us as a family, with very serious sickness of my husband, and loss of employment for three of my children. My husband is now better.
- Thanks to God for taking Homecare through the years, enabling us to pay the bills, difficult as that has been.
- Thank God for enabling us complete the retreat centre to a habitable condition. We are now able to take 50 people in.
- Thank God for health enjoyed by all staff members and security of our premises.
- Thank God for the conclusion of electoral campaign period that was prolonged by annulled presidential results. This brought the country and its economy down very rapidly.
- Thank God I turned 70 years and am still strong. The Lord has suppressed some lingering medical conditions.
- That God would keep Kenya safe and politically stable.
- That my children will get employment or start their own businesses.
- That the retreat centre will enjoy full occupancy so that we can maintain the ministry and support the poor.
- That I may be completely well together with my husband. Also, several women in Fadhili HIV projects would get better. Several were unwell and two were quite sick.
- That we would get market to sell the things that they make like soap.
- That we may get a good replacement for Rose, their facilitator for the past 14 years. She feels it is time to rest.
- For funds to dig a borehole at the retreat centers because as the people increase so does the cost of water.
May God bless you all.
Happy new year,
Homecare Spiritual Fellowship (Kenya)
C.E.O/FOUNDER Homecare Spiritual Fellowship
(updated December 2017)
I praise God for allowing me to live wonderful days in Nairobi. My expectation was very great in the days leading up to the journey, and with the grace of God, everything was amazing. My heart is full of gratitude for the warmth and care given to me from the moment I arrived until my return. Thank you with all my heart to Cheryl and Judy for the warmth and friendship shown me all the time. I keep many special moments lived together with each sister I met and learned to love. In fact I lived unforgettable days filled of the Holy Spirit’s presence. The Lord gave me spiritual refreshment. When I returned, I stayed with my daughters, my sons-in-law and my granddaughter for a few days, and I was able to share the experiences I experienced on this journey that was so rich in knowledge, learning and confronting such diverse realities. Then I met with the sisters of Tirzah Brazil from my city to pray and share the experiences and everything I learned. They testified that they were built up and felt challenged to continue to cooperate in the cause of the Kingdom of God. I pray constantly for the sisters and their ministries and I keep in my memories the little faces of the children that I could see when I visited the outskirts of Nairobi. May the eternal God enlighten each life with the grace of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. I feel renewed and driven to continue the work that the Lord has entrusted to us.
I ask you to help us in prayer so that we can reach the challenges that await us.
- For salvation of the drug dealers of the region.
- Resources (Paint, brush, tables and chairs).
- Project developed in Rio de Janeiro with children living in the periphery.
- Lydia’s Health, Volunteer Teachers to Work on the Project
- Resources (Pencil, rubber, notebook with musical staff, musical instruments)
- Dealing with needy people in places of difficult access
- The integral Gospel accessible to all places
- Resources for traveling and buying clothes, sandals and water bottles
a big hug,
National Coordinator Tirzah BRAZIL, Regional Coordinator Tirzah INTERNATIONAL