Prayer Updates: December 2017
Join us in praying for all that's happening with Tirzah's Regional Leaders and partners this month:
Please pray for the Lord to move in a mighty way as we near year end. There are so many wonderful programs to fund, as well as growth in programs that we would like to fund. Pray for a mighty outpouring on Giving Tuesday (11/28) and in the days leading up to Christmas and the end of the year. Many hearts open up to generosity in this season - may the Lord move them to support His work among women through Tirzah!
Please pray for our new "Social Media Ambassador" campaign. 15 to 20 friends with strong social media platforms have agreed to post about Tirzah's work (using our newly-created Social Media Kit!) throughout the holiday season.
Pray for new advocates and donors!
Please pray for places in the world where our partners are experiencing unrest.
Please pray for our end of year board meeting on December 7 - may the Lord bless our planning for 2018!
Pray for the Lord's Spirit to move and bless and encourage - all of those in the Tirzah network - women in the programs, global leaders, donors and advocates, staff and board - all of us!
Thank you so much. We treasure your prayers!
President, Tirzah International
Warm greetings in the precious name of our Lord Jesus!
ANOTHER YEAR with GOD
Yes... Because in the middle of fear; danger; spiritual, psychological and social pressures, that spread all over MENA countries, God protected us in “a resting place”. His safe hands did not only protect His ministers and ministry, but He opened wonderful opportunities to serve millions in the Arab world… those who cry out to the Lord “Come over… and help us.” We were able to reach out plenty of places in need, only by the grace of God. His lavishing mercies brought joy to us; as He guided us through helping plenty of the neediest categories in the Arab World. We give God all glory and praise as we send you AWEMA annual report of 2017. We unite with you in prayer, as we seek God to glorify Himself in our lands.
This is Our Prayer:
Father God, Help us to proceed and help more:
- poor communities,
- underground churches,
- oppressed believers,
And to fix our eyes on You.
Prayers from our 2017 Annual Report:
We pray that the Lord would open new opportunities of ministry for ATI graduates and call workers to go to various villages in the African Horn and share the good news.
We pray that God may protect the churches’ members and leaders and that He may give them grace to honor and obey Him in an opposing culture. There are several broken families due to addictions, witchcrafts, relationships out of matrimonial bond, husbands refusing to work and provide for their families, etc. Pray that God may set these people free and restore their families.
Thanks from this year:
We expanded the building area of one church and its attached school of the old village by an unexpected fund received from an international organization.
We pray that the Lord may open doors for the expansion of His Kingdom in the new villages. For protection for AWEMA workers and their families in the new villages.
We thank God that many families have come to faith in Christ during 2017.We pray for an AWEMA worker’s health as he has been suffering from a few health problems.
As we encourage our workers’ church to reach out to unreached areas, we pray that God may open doors and guide us according to His will. Praise the Lord for the transformation in the lives of the trainees. We pray that God may use their newly acquired knowledge and experience to bless others through them.
Young Women Program:
This ministry targets young women from poor areas and aims to start a discipleship program for them. This includes discipleship groups as well as spiritual conferences. Through this program we teach and coach them on the principles of the Kingdom and help them have a solid, living relationship with God. AWEMA is currently serving a group of 12 young women whose ages range from 16 – 23. Topics discussed in the group throughout the year included forgiveness, God’s blessing and His care to provide for social and financial needs. We thank God for the work He is doing in the lives of these young women through our ministry. We pray that God may give us wisdom as we deal with the young women and use us to provide for their needs, in all aspects of their lives, according to His will. We pray that God will provide the required human and financial resources to establish a school for children and women refugees in the Syrian camps. We pray that the political and economic situation settles down in Syria, so that the living conditions will improve and Syrians can return to their homes.
M. F. + AWEMA Family
Dearest Partners and Friends,
Greetings to you from Nireekshana ACET!
The heart to serve shines through the lives of the people working here at Nireekshana. Mr. Ebby, our in house counselor and his wife, opened his home 7 years ago to care for and educate young children at risk in a non-conflict safe zone. Apart from building young strong educated youth at his home and counseling the sick at the office, he has also taken personal responsibility to ensure that the clinic is clean and spotless at the start of each working day! When people question his dedication, he responds by saying “Just as my home is clean, my office should be too!” This month, we stand in solidarity with those who have been called to serve the less fortunate in the world. Thank you for all that you do! PFA the newsletter for the month of October, 2017. Also attached is a recipe for an Indian Tomato Sauce that we regularly make for lunch. We would love to hear your feedback!
Sujai and Lavanya.
ASIAN PENINSULA AND ISLANDS
Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines
We praise for:
1. Medical Mission at Dalah on 26 Oct 17 where 85 patients were given treatment. This time many sick babies were brought.
2. We held our prayer and fellowship meeting on 18 Nov 17 where about 25 attended. Teacher Jewel Htwe Mon was the speaker and her message was "How the five wise brides prepared".
3. All our EC members are faithfully serving together for TI Myanmar.
Please pray for:
1. Medical Mission to Saikpyoye on 30 Nov 17. Please pray for Dr. Hla Hla Nyein and the nurses who will lead us.
2. Evelyn Wa Wa, our treasurer, for her birthday celebration on 27 Nov 17.
3. TI Myanmar Christmas celebration on 4 Dec 17.
4. Some of TI Myanmar EC Dorothy Colney, Clarabel Polu, Christobel Polu, and Lorraine to receive honorary PhD degrees and Shelly Win for honorary DD degree on 16 Dec 17.
7.Dalah project how to continue because the government is planning to have many projects like building bridges, building housing apartments, new roads etc...The village where we are holding may be moved to another place but they will give each of them a piece of land to settle. Until they move them we can hold medical mission. We need God 's guidance.
Thank you so much for you prayer for us. God bless.
Greetings, 3 prayer points:
- National Leadership Seminar from 19-24th September
- Pray for the facilitators and participants that through this training they will be equipped to be leaders leading in evangelism. Instruction of training will be in our national language.
- Pray for our nation that the leaders will fear God and govern the nation with integrity and care for the people.
That’s all for now.
Please continue to pray for Burundi. God has been faithful to us at Homecare and the women are well and see God's hands.
Pray for God's guidance as we consider candidates for the next Regional Leader for Latin America
I praise God for allowing me to live wonderful days in Nairobi. My expectation was very great in the days leading up to the journey, and with the grace of God, everything was amazing. My heart is full of gratitude for the warmth and care given to me from the moment I arrived until my return. Thank you with all my heart to Cheryl and Judy for the warmth and friendship shown me all the time. I keep many special moments lived together with each sister I met and learned to love. In fact I lived unforgettable days filled of the Holy Spirit’s presence. The Lord gave me spiritual refreshment. When I returned, I stayed with my daughters, my sons-in-law and my granddaughter for a few days, and I was able to share the experiences I experienced on this journey that was so rich in knowledge, learning and confronting such diverse realities. Then I met with the sisters of Tirzah Brazil from my city to pray and share the experiences and everything I learned. They testified that they were built up and felt challenged to continue to cooperate in the cause of the Kingdom of God. I pray constantly for the sisters and their ministries and I keep in my memories the little faces of the children that I could see when I visited the outskirts of Nairobi. May the eternal God enlighten each life with the grace of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. I feel renewed and driven to continue the work that the Lord has entrusted to us.
I ask you to help us in prayer so that we can reach the challenges that await us.
- For salvation of the drug dealers of the region.
- Resources (Paint, brush, tables and chairs).
- Project developed in Rio de Janeiro with children living in the periphery.
- Lydia’s Health, Volunteer Teachers to Work on the Project
- Resources (Pencil, rubber, notebook with musical staff, musical instruments)
- Dealing with needy people in places of difficult access
- The integral Gospel accessible to all places
- Resources for traveling and buying clothes, sandals and water bottles
a big hug,
National Coordinator Tirzah BRAZIL, Regional Coordinator Tirzah INTERNATIONAL
Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Southern Sudan
Greetings in Jesus Mighty Name.
We thank God for the answer to prayer. God is faithful and thank you for being faithful in prayer. Below is our prayer request and thanks-giving for December.
- Thank God for His mercy and grace throughout the year.
- Thank God for provision and enablement to run the ministry.
- We thank God for all those in our programs who sat for National exams. i.e. 10class eight, 15 form fours and 6 dressmaking grade III test. We pray that God will enable them to move to the next levels.
- We thank God for the TV/Radio and weekly programs and the impact it has given to the listeners.
- Thank God for Rev. Judy’s 70th Birthday.
- Thanking God for continued rainfall in the Nation.
- Thanking God for the Supreme Court ruling over the Presidential Election.
- Continue in prayer for our Nation and strength for the new leaders in government and peaceful swearing-in of the President on 28th November.
- Pray for safety for children during the festive holiday season.
- Pray for Godfrey, a program member who is in need of a wheelchair.
- Pray for Rev. Judy’s continued strength. May the Lord grant her grace and wisdom as she continue to minister in various meetings.
- Pray for the Christmas Party.
- Pray for Retreat Centre for be full with guests during this festive season.
- Pray for the entire family of Homecare Fellowship for good health and protection.
We thank God for this partnership in prayer. It is encouraging to always know someone is praying for you. May the Lord answer you even before you call. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas to you all and your families. May the joy of Christ fill your hearts.
Rev. Judy Mbugua
Homecare Spiritual Fellowship (Kenya)
C.E.O/FOUNDER Homecare Spiritual Fellowship
FRANCOPHONE WEST AFRICA
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Chad, Gabon, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone
Dear Sisters + Brothers in Christ,
May the peace and grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be with you and with those around you!
Thank you for your prayers in our favor and especially for the women's conference in Mali and Côte d'Ivoire. Let us pray that all that has been learned will be put into practice by the audience. As promised here is some information about this Conference: - The conference actually took place on the scheduled date -
The theme is "God seeks true worshipers, can he rely on you?
- The qualities of the true worshiper
- The impact of the true worshiper on her family and her entourage
- The true worshiper and the Mission
The women returned with joy and determination. For me, my joy will be total if these women apply what they have learned and let the Holy Spirit transform the life of each of them.
I would like to thank you for your prayers for the preparations for the TIRZAH / Mali 2018 Consultation, as well as for the healing of Pastor Gilbert Gouentoueu.
I love you and I carry you in my prayers so that the Lord will strengthen you in this noble but very difficult ministry.
God bless you,
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia, Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia
(UPDATED: MARCH 2017) What an encouragement to hear from you! Tomorrow I celebrate my 66th birthday and with so many cheering me along the way I have no thought of stepping down yet as there is so much to do. Having a group of younger leaders working with me gives me strength and hope for the future. I acknowledge that I need to slow down and I am doing much less international travel but the world seems to be coming to me. On Thursday morning I shall be speaking to a group of 300 YWAM leaders from around the world, just had a visit from some of the leaders this afternoon and am so encouraged to know that they want to hear from the older generation. Please pray for me as I speak. Need to have a word in season for these young leaders doing great work for God. In March I speak to the Evangelical Alliance of South Africa on the issue of Gender Equality, not a very popular issue for church leaders still today but there are some who are willing to explore and discover new revelation in scripture.
Thank you for your prayers: now some special requests:
- Thursday morning as I speak to the YWAM leaders
- For better mobility and less pain in my legs
- For a meeting I have with 100 pastors in the city speaking on reconciliation on Wednesday, March 8.
- I currently run an early learning center with 12 staff and 50 children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years. Pray for favor as I raise the funds to renovate the toilets for the children. I have approached a business to assist.
- Thank God for the many opportunities I have to serve in South Africa and around the world.
- Please pray for my upcoming trip to Kenya at the end of March 27-31 to attend the MANI conference. Pray for health and finances as I feel very strongly that women need to be part of it. I am planning a gender workshop for ministers and wives for 18th March. Pray for reconciliation and healing as we discuss gender issues.
With much gratitude and blessing
SOUTH PACIFIC + Islands
Vanuatu, Fiji, Bangladesh, Tonga, Australia
Thank you so much for your prayers.
I am about to head off on a weekend being a Chaplain for Kairos Outside a weekend for women who have been impacted by someone’s imprisonment. I would so appreciate your prayers for that. I am also continuing to mentor some wonderful women in leadership. I would appreciate your prayers as I write talks for a retreat I will be speaking at in Cambodia Jan 2018 for women leading Christian NGOs- it is on waiting on God.
Bless you all and thank you for your continued prayers.
Thank you for your prayers for " Hope for Europe Women in Leadership " conference, The Lord blessed us. Because the event was in Belgrade, Serbia, I was very much involved organizing the event, which was a big pressure on me. To know you are behind me with your prayers helped me a lot. (In attachment I send some reports.)
My prayer request for December: I am invited to speak on women's conference in Szeged, Hungary on the 27th. The theme is, " Be content with the place where God has put you and be faithful in the ministry God entrusted you." Why this title? This year the churches in former east Europe are facing a big problem. People are leaving their countries, and they are going to West Europe because of jobs, and hoping for better life. I know churches where the pastors are left alone, their coworkers, young people of the church, worship leader, left the church. The pastors are desperate. Please pray, that I can encourage women through the Word, that God is in control. More money does not mean more happiness, but being in God's will and doing His will brings blessed and happy life.
Please pray for TI staff as we reach out during our end of year fundraising campaign. This is a very important time of year for Tirzah. Our prayer is that people would be drawn to the message, respond to the call to give and be overjoyed to be a part of making life better for women. Please pray that the words, images and messages that go out would be Spirit led and speak to the hearts of longtime supporters but also draw many first time donors. Our prayer is that people who want to see justice roll down like a river would see Tirzah and be excited to join the network. We want all of our programs to be funded and want to be able to say yes to the leaders as they continue reaching out and looking for ways to grow their programs in numbers and in depth.